Need more help?
Answered By: Roger Fairman Last Updated: Apr 21, 2016 Views: 14
In order to deposit your research in WRaP you must own the copyright for your work yourself or have permission from the copyright holder(s).**
You should check your publishing agreement to see what your publisher's standard conditions allow. Where ever possible it is recommended that the agreement is checked prior to signing and permission obtained to deposit the article in WRaP if it is not allowed under the publisher's standard conditions.
- The majority of publishers will allow you to upload your pre-print (submitted version prior to peer review/editing).
- Many publishers will allow you to upload the author created version of the post-print (accepted version after peer-review/editing).
- Most publishers will not allow their published version of the post-print (publisher formatted version) to be uploaded.
If you are unsure:
- check the copyright agreement made with your publisher or
- check the publisher copyright policy on the SHERPA RoMEO website. http://www.sherpa.ac.uk/romeo/ This service provides details of over 1300 publishers’ policies
- Contact WRaP staff on firstname.lastname@example.org
** These FAQs provide guidelines and should not be relied upon as a source of legal advice.