Answered By: Kathryn Devine Last Updated: Aug 12, 2020 Views: 96
Please refer to our coronavirus page for our latest service updates.
The Hive re-opened on Saturday 4 July 2020.
The reopening of library buildings will be carefully phased, managed and monitored in line with Government guidance.
From Monday 3 August 2020, you can:
- Browse shelves and borrow books using self-service kiosks
- Reserve books using the normal reservation process (the interim reserve and collect service ended on 1 August 2020)
- Return books via the external hatch next to the Hive entrance
- Pre-book computers by calling the customer contact centre on 01905 822722
- Pre-book a desk in the library for study and/or wi-fi access by calling 01905 822722
- Library staff will be on hand to answer queries and provide information
- The Hive will not be available for group events and activities, as a meeting place or a place to spend time reading or relaxing
- Social distancing and hygiene measures will be in place for everyone’s safety
- The number of customers allowed into the library at any one time will be managed
- Browsing time will be limited to 20 minutes and computers and desks will be cleaned thoroughly after each use and hand sanitizer will be provided
- You can find information about other county libraries, and their latest service updates on the Hive's coronavirus information page