Answered By: Natasha Skeen Last Updated: Mar 06, 2018 Views: 158
CC-BY-SA-3.0 Nina Paley (2010) Mimi & Eunice, “Thief”.
Here is a selection of sites you can use to source copyright cleared images - sometimes this is where the author has given permission for the image/film/music to be freely used, sometimes it's where the copyright has expired on the resource:
- For images there's https://pixabay.com/ & https://www.pexels.com/
- Don't forget https://www.flickr.com/commons, but make sure you're using The Commons and not just normal Flickr
- Use https://search.creativecommons.org/ to find reusable images, videos, music and other media content.
- Also for music you could use http://freemusicarchive.org/
- If you wanted to use film clips you could also use The Internet Archive https://archive.org/details/movies
These sites will give you instructions on how to cite the sources you use (see the image and citation above). Many images are cleared for use provided you 'attribute' the author. Similarly you can contribute your images/music/clips to these sites if you're happy for others to use them freely.